What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final exam consists of a discussion about the Master's thesis, prepared by you in an original manner, under the guidance of one or more professors, ascertaining your technical, scientific and professional preparation.
In particular, the thesis may consist of:
- the execution of a monographic design study in one or more fields of competence
- the study of a theoretical, experimental or applied research topic related to the nautical engineering fields
The modalities of the final examination consist of the oral presentation of the thesis to the Commission, followed by a discussion of questions posed by members of the Commission.
In any case, at least one teacher of the degree program must be present among the committee members.
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
The evaluation of the final test by the commission will be by attributing an increase, variable from 0 to a maximum established by the Polytechnic School together with the Departments and reported in the University prospectus, to the weighted average of the grades reported in the verification tests relative to the educational activities that call for a final grade, assuming as weight the number of credits associated with the single activity.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at UniGe World, via Balbi 40/42r - ground floor, Tuesday and Thursday- 9 am to 2 pm.
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.