What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final project consists in the discussion of a thesis that demonstrates an important design or research activity, carried out in such a way as to demonstrate your own:
- mastery of the topics covered
- ability to work independently
- communication skills
- technical-scientific and professional preparation
- critical skill
You will be able to write your thesis, which corresponds to 27 CFU, during the second half of the last year, and carry it out in collaboration with national and international companies or research institutions.
You can write your thesis in English. In order to use another language of the European Union, you have to ask the permission of the course council instead. In these cases, remember to include your thesis with the title and an extensive summary in Italian.
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
N.B. In order to let the Commission President assign a co-supervisor to your thesis work, you have to upload it as PDF file on Aulaweb within approximately 20 days before your graduation day (please check the exact deadline for each session).
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
The Graduation Committee has a maximum of 6 points to add to the weighted average expressed in one hundred and tenths, based on the evaluation of your paper and its discussion.
The criteria adopted for the evaluation are reported in the dedicated section of the didactic regulations, drawn up by the departmental didactic committee and approved by the study course.
If you have carried out training activities abroad in relation to your thesis, or other activities, for at least 100 hours of certified commitment, the minimum increment that contributes to your final grade will be 2 points.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at Via Balbi 5 (ground floor, Monday to Saturday included - opening hours 8-19).
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.
N.B. If you obtained your degree before January 1, 2006 and have not yet picked it up, please contact the Student Offices.
If you have achieved the final grade of 110/110 or 110/110 with lode you will be given the parchment during two official ceremonies in the presence of your family, the media, the Rector and the entire academic community:
- the University - UniverCity festival (for graduates from 1/9 to 31/12 of the previous year)
- the inauguration of the new academic year (for graduates from 1/1 to 31/8 of the current year)
N.B. If you won't be able to be present at these occasions you can withdraw your diploma as specified above.