News and events
The Architectural Composition course, held in English is addressed to Italian and foreign students interested to study and work in an international context. Deepening the Italian architectural design culture and focusing on the central role of Composition are the tools proposed to deal with the discipline of architecture: a complex discipline both because it changes every day but, at the same time, it has always been the same for thousands of years.
Learning by doing
Architecture could be learned by practising in many different ways: by observing the world, reflecting theoretically on it, designing it, transforming it or just describing it. The workshop is the central teaching model of the Master’s Degree in Architectural Composition, structured to be the most suitable to become an architect.
Architectural Composition prepares architecture students to enter the world of international practices, aware of their role in the architectural production process and its cultural, technical and social implications. Architects who are confident in their role as projects directors and able to cooperate with the other specialists involved.
- Master degree
- Duration and credits
- Architecture and architectural engineering
- Local admission test
- Available places
- EU students
- Non-EU students
What you will learn
Read the architectures
Understand and interpret historical buildings
Make the world a better place
Be conscious of the importance of the beauty of your own projects
Be aware of architecture social aspects
Understand the cities and contexts in which you will design
History and contemporaneity
Learn from the past to explore new ways
Love building corners
Did you know that...
We are building relationships with leading international schools to exchange students, teachers and share experiences.
You can apply for funding to study in North and South America, Africa and Asia, or to work in the RPBW studio in Paris.
During the course you will attend an internship in one of the most important architecturel office in Europe.
Rooms are very cheap in Genoa. UniGe will help you to find an apartment.
The Master’s Degree course in Architectural Composition offered in English aims to prepare the intellectual and professional figure of the European architect with an appropriate cultural profile. This figure is able to consciously elaborate a project at the scale of the architectural artefact with particular attention to its cultural value, its compositional aspects and its relationship with the context. The course allows these objectives to be achieved through:
- the acquired knowledge of the theoretical assumptions underlying the project, i.e. the understanding of the conditions within which it operates:
- the acquired knowledge of past design methods and their relationship with the conditions within which they operated;
- the acquired mastery of the strategies of persuasion that the architectural project must deploy in order to achieve realization;
- the ability to carry out the practical activity of architectural design and Composition, i.e. the verification - also in relation to the most important themes for contemporary society - of the specific disciplinary aspects;
- the ability to synthesize knowledge connected with architecture within the architectural project, i.e. the ability to deal with the structural, technical and plant engineering requirements of an architectural artefact, making use of them and integrating them into the design process, thus maintaining control over its formal qualities.
Head of programme
Welcome to Genova! Welcome to Architectural Composition! This year a new adventure begins, full of uncertainty, expectation and good vibes. We look forward to seeing you and we are confident that you will leave an important mark in the life of our new school.
Where to find us
Genova is a city full of “vicoli” and spaces to be discovered, squeezed between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains and well connected to Milan, Nice and Florence. Architectural Composition is located in the historical centre, in the medieval complex of Sant'Agostino, inside the beautiful building designed by Ignazio Gardella. The school is well equipped with modelling labs and large open spaces for discussion and socialization.
Sportello Unico studenti politecnica
Stradone S. Agostino 37, Genova
To learn more about the Course please send an email to email@example.com.