Tuition Fees and Taxes
Are you enrolled at a.y. 2019/20?
To help you during this critical time, have been further postponed:
- the payment of the third installment
- the deadline for the production of ISEE-U and ISEE-U-Parificato
To find out all the details, new deadlines and payment methods, please read carefully the new arrangements.
This page is under construction.
Please refer to our International Student Office (SASS) for detailed and up-to-date information on fees, taxes and scholarships.
How they work
The tution and fees are the sum of the stamp duty, the regional tax and the tution fees.
You have to pay the fees in three installments based on the ISEE-U value and the chosen course of study:
- 1st installment: corresponds to sum of the stamp duty and the regional tax for the right to study
- 2nd installment: corresponds to the half of all tuition fees
- 3rd installment: corresponds to the balance of tuition fees
For further information, please read the Student fees regulations.
Student tuition fees are calculated according to:
- the ISEE-U value submitted
- the tuition fees class to which the degree course belongs
- full-time or part-time enrollment
Tution fees group
In order to calculate the tuition fees, the degree courses have been divided into two different classes:
- Class 1 – Degree courses belonging to the Humanistic and Social Sciences area
- Class 2 - Degree courses belonging to the Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and to the Polytechnic area
The degree courses are divided in different areas according to the class to which they belong (Class 1 or 2). Please read i raggruppamenti dei corsi di studio per classi e aree disciplinari to find out the correspondence between the class that identifies your degree course and the area it belongs to.
Full-time and part-time enrollment
You can choose:
- full-time enrolment
- part-time enrolment: you can benefit partial or total exemptions from tution fees as well as from merit based fees reductions
You have to pay the first instalment upon confirmation of your enrolment. The amount consists of:
- stamp duty: 16euro
- regional tax for the right to study: from 120euro to 160euro (according to your ISEE-U value)
|ISEE-U||Regional tax for the right to study|
|up to 15.093,53 euro||120 euro|
|from 15.093,53 euro to 30.187,06euro||140 euro|
|more than 30.187,06 euro||160 euro|
If you have been awarded an ALISEO scholarship you have to pay only the stamp duty. If you have decided to decline the scholarship will need to pay the rest of the amount.
N.B. Due for payment by September 20, 2019.
UniGe has not yet acquired the ISEE-U from INPS but did you present the DSU at the time of payment of the first installment?
You are provisionally offered an amount of regional tax determined by the ISEE-U value you have self-certified.
Didn't you submit your DSU when you paid the first installment yet?
You are offered to indicate an assumed income bracket.
What if there are a matches?
- debit: you have to pay the amount with bound payment with the second and third installment
- on credit: you will be reimbursed by the regional agency and credited to your virtual current account (art.23)
Tuition fees calculator
If you want to simulate your tution fees, please check the tution fees calculator on UniGe online services.
For further information
Settore contribuzione studentesca e benefici (Office dealing with income data, tuition fees and contributions, and university benefits)
Piazza della Nunziata, 6
(+39) 010 2095947
Fax (+39) 010 2095948
Public opening hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to noon
- Tuesday from 9 am to 11 am and from 2.30 pm to 4 pm