Admission criteria and procedure
This is a programmed number of bachelor course. To enroll in this course you must have a high school diploma and you have to take an admission test.
Enroll in UniGe and sign up for the test
Admission test and Pre-enroll
By noon on Thursday, August 27, 2020, apply for the admission test, following UniGe's online pre-enrollment procedure.
By noon on Friday, August 28, 2020, complete your application by paying the fee for the admission test of 30 € (using one of the methods proposed).
Are you a non-EU candidate living abroad?
- you are admitted to the competition exclusively on the basis of the pre-enrollment application submitted on the Universitaly portal and it is not necessary to enroll online
- you must contact the Foreign Students Reception Sector (SASS) by Tuesday 25 August 2020 to verify the foreign qualification and the payment of the admission fee
The contribution is non-refundable except in the case of double/erroneous payment.
Applications for competition sent by mail or other means of transmission will not be accepted.
Read the call
- place and date of the test
- how the test will be carried out
- topics of the questions
- how the ranking works
At the moment of pre-enrollment please remember to take with you:
- a passport photo format (JPEG, max 50 kB)
- a valid identity document (JPEG, max 500 kB)
Take the test
Take the admission test.
Documents to bring on the day of the test
On test day you have to bring:
- your identity card
- the printing of the enrollment receipt
- the receipt of payment of the 30€
Complete the enrollment
Enroll in the course
If you've passed the test and you're on the ranking please complete your enrollment:
- confirm the course of study
- upload a valid identity document and a passport size photo, if you have not already uploaded it during pre-enrollment
- in case of change of course of study or renounce, you have to pay an additional 16 € for stamp duty
- pay the first installment of the taxes
Collecting the badge
Once you have enrolled, you will receive an email notifying you when your badge will be ready and where to collect it.
The admission test lasts 90 minutes and consists of solving 50 multiple-choice questions on:
- General and maritime culture - 10 questions
- Logic and mathematics - 20 questions
- Knowledge of English - 20 questions
To find out the dates and details of the test, please visit the Admission test section of the course.
The safety/IMO courses are not mandatory but are evaluated as an additional score as described in the call.