The traineeship, or stage, is a period of orientation and training, carried out in a work context, public or private, to facilitate your entry into the world of work.
The traineeship is required, please read your degree programme table to check the CFU number and the corresponding hours.
Please remember that the regular payment of taxes is a necessary requirement for the carrying out of the internship.
UniGe, as the promoter, provides insurance against accidents at work with INAIL and, for civil liability, with insurance companies operating in the sector.
Check the traineeship opportunities on the UniGe Student Curriculum Activities website.
To have work experiences in a company, including extra curricular, visit Job check-in.
How to apply
To activate the internship:
- Contact the referent for the traineeships of your course
- Sign a valid agreement between the chosen company and UniGe
- Agree with the company contact person (company tutor) and with the university tutor (a professor of your course of study)
- Download and complete the Guidance Training Project (PFO) in triplicate. Please remember that the document must be signed by you, by your university tutor (TU) and by your company tutor (TA)
- Deliver the PFO to the traineeship office.
The company tutor will:
- introduce you to the work environment
- encourage your ambition
- evaluate your path and the achievement of training objectives at the end of the experience
You have to submit your application at least 30 days before the scheduled start date of your traineeship.
End of traineeship
- declaration by the company stating the training period and the indication of the successful conclusion
- hours form filled in and signed by you and the company tutor
If you had work experience or voluntary activities that are "in line" with the objectives of the traineeship provided by your degree course, you can request that these activities be recognised as "substitutes" for the traineeship. You have to submit the following documents to the Student Desk:
- a request for recognition addressed to the Degree Course Council
- certification of the company or association where you have worked or you are still working, signed by the legal representative, in which the professional function performed is explicitly mentioned
- detailed report on the activity, skills, knowledge and competences that you believe have been acquired and indicating the relationship between the university study and work practice; this report, signed by you, must be countersigned by the legal representative of the company
All the documentation will be examined by the Traineeship Committee, which will approve or reject your application.
You have to submitte all the documentation by the middle of each month in order to obtain, in case of a positive evaluation by the appropriate committee, the registration of the traineeship in the first days of the following month.
Placement e servizi per l’orientamento al lavoro
(Placement and job orientation services)
Piazza della Nunziata, 6 (3rd floor)
Tel. +39 010 2099675
Fax. +39 010 2095652
Monday to Friday 9 am - 12 pm / Tuesday 9 am - 12 pm and 14.30 pm - 16 pm