What is it?
Erasmus + for placement purposes is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to complete a placement period in public or private companies, training or research centres in a member EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Turkey.
You can subscribe to the program if:
- you are regularly enrolled at the University of Genoa
- you have not been awarded an Erasmus+ scholarship during your studies or you have been awarded one for a maximum of 9 months
- you are not benefitting from a Community contribution under any other mobility scheme (e.g. Joint Master Degree)
N.B. You must carefully check, at your teaching facility, if there are any prerequisites and the conditions for each activity.
How long can you stay?
Your Erasmus can have a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum duration of 12 months.
Get in contact with your Internationalisation Tutor to set the exact dates of your stay.
Check the manifesto Erasmus: you may find the list of partner institutions.
Partner institutions (independent choice)
You may participate to the Erasmus+ traineeship programme also with a partner institution of your choice. You will have to:
- find the partner institution
- find a responsible person among the teaching staff of your department
- write a letter of intent, get it signed from the responsible person in UniGe and in the partner institution
Keep in mind that the eligible partner institution are:
- higher education institutions holding an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
- any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in areas such as education, training and youth
- any non-profit organization or NGO
- an organization for occupational guidance, professional adviceor counselling services
You cannot choose as your destination:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialised agencies. The complete list is available at ec.europa.eu/institutions/index_en.htm
- organisations managing EU programmes, such as National Agencies (to avoid possible conflicts of interest and/or double funding)
ErasmusIntern.org is the place where interns and internships meet. Here students that would like to do an internship abroad can have their profiles online, search for internships and apply. On the other hand, Companies and Organisations that are offering internships can post for free their vacancies and see if the applications they received are suitable for the position that they have opened.
Visit the website and check the opportunities that ErasmusIntern.org can offer you.
How to apply
1. Read the call and verify the admission criteria
- the call
- the School of Science admission criteria
- the admission criteria of the foreign university of your choice (find them in the pdf files, 5th column of manifesto Erasmus)
Apply for the selection procedure via servizionline.
You will have to attend a mandatory interview. You will be selected according to:
- your curriculum
- your language skills
- your learning motivations and which classes you plan to attend when abroad
- your personal motivations (e.g. your academic interests)
Date and place of the interview will be published after the call opening.
4. Check the rankings
Check if your ranking has been published.
5. Accept the scholarship
If you have been selected, accept the scholarship.
7.Sign the agreement
Read carefully the instructions for signing the Erasmus+ agreement.
Before you leave
Before you leave, check that you have completed the following steps
- If you have chosen one of the destinations of the manifesto, check the deadlines and ways to enroll in a foreign university.
- Copy your identity card or passport (renew if it is about to expire).
- Check that you have your Health Insurance Card with you and make sure that you have health coverage at your ASL.
- Fill in the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement, sign it and have it signed by the UniGe teacher in charge of your Erasmus+ scholarship. Please, read the Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies
- Scan it and send it by email to the contact person of the foreign university and let him countersign
- Have it returned by email and send it to the help desk.
For more information please read the Erasmus+ student kit for traineeship 2019-20.
During the Erasmus+
On your arrival
- Enrol in the foreign university or register at the partner institution
- Within 5 days of arrival, have the certificate of arrival filled, stamped and signed sent by the foreign university. Send it to email@example.com.
To modify the Learning Agreement
You have the option to make exceptional changes to the Learning Agreement, filling the During the mobility section. Have the document signed by all responsible persons (partner institution and UniGe) and yourself.
To extend your stay abroad
If you wish to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration provided for in the agreement, you must send to the International Mobility Service the authorisation request with a declaration of the foreign University's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration.
Remember the period abroad:
- may not last more than 12 months (must necessarily end by 30 September of the reference year)
- there must be no interruption between the period of study already authorised and its extension
- you will have to justify your extension request filling the During the mobility of the Learning Agreement
You are about to come back
Before returning to Italy, remember to:
- have your Certificate of Attendance sent from the foreign university to UniGe International Mobility Service or, when you are back, bring the master copy to the UniGe International Mobility Service, Piazza della Nunziata 6 - 2 floor
- have the After the mobility section of the Learning Agreement filled by the partner institution and sent to the School Internationalisation Office. Have a copy sent to UniGe International Mobility Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you are back
Conversion of the activities
Once you are back:
- send a copy of the After the mobility section of the Learning Agreement to the Internationalisation School Office
- send a copy of it to the head of programme
The head of programme will ask the programme council for:
- approval of the activities you have done abroad
- conversion of the activities into ECTS credits
Annalisa Barla - email@example.com
Viale Benedetto XV 3
+39 010 353 8386
Piazza della Nunziata 6 - second floor
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to noon
Tuesday from 9am to 11am and from 2:30pm to 16pm