What is it
Erasmus+ for study is a programme that offers the possibility of studying abroad in a member EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Turkey, and provides a grant to eligible students to help make the most of the experience.
You are eligible to apply if:
- you are regularly enrolled at the Università di Genova
- you have never been awarded an Erasmus+ grant during your course or you have used up to a maximum of 9 months of any Erasmus+ grant
- you are not benefitting from any other EU contribution under any other mobility scheme (e.g. Joint Master degree)
How long can you stay?
Your stay may last between 3 and 12 months.
Get in contact with your Internationalisation Tutor to set the exact dates of your stay and the classes you will take. Make sure to check the teaching periods and all the available courses.
Check the manifesto Erasmus: you may find the list of partner institutions.
How to apply
1. Read the call and verify the admission criteria
- the call
- the School of Science admission criteria
- the admission criteria of the foreign university of your choice (find them in the pdf files, 5th column of manifesto Erasmus)
Apply for the selection procedure via servizionline.
Date and place of the interview will be published after the call opening.
You will have to attend a mandatory interview. You will be selected according to:
- your curriculum
- your language skills
- your learning motivations and which classes you plan to attend when abroad
- your personal motivations (e.g. your academic interests)
4. Check the rankings
Check if your ranking has been published.
5. Accept the scholarship
If you have been selected accept the scholarship.
6. Sign the agreement
Carefully read the instructions for signing the Erasmus+ agreement.
Before you leave
Before you leave
Before you leave, check that you have completed the following steps
- Check the deadlines and methods for enrolling in the foreign university.
- Copy your identity card or passport (renew if it is about to expire).
- Check that you have your Health Insurance Card with you and make sure that you have health coverage at your ASL.
- Fill in the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement, sign it and have it signed by the UniGe teacher in charge of your Erasmus+ scholarship. Please, read the Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies
- Scan it and send it by email to the contact person of the foreign university and let him countersign
- Have it returned by email and send it to the help desk
During the Erasmus+
On your arrival
- Enroll in the foreign university
- Within 5 days of arrival, have the certificate of arrival filled, stamped and signed sent by the foreign university. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To modify the Learning Agreement
If you want to change, add or delete a teaching unit that you indicated earlier, you can do so.
Fill in the part of the Learning Agreement called During the mobility:
- list which exams you want to delete and which to add in table A2
- the correspondence of the added/changed teaching units must be specified in table B2. Ask for permission from UniGe teachers who teach that subject
When the form is complete with all the signatures, you can have it sent from the foreign university to the School International Office.
To extend your stay abroad
If you wish to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration provided for in the agreement, you must send to the International Mobility Service (email@example.com) the authorisation request with a declaration of the foreign University's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration.
You must submit your documentation at least 30 days before the end of the Erasmus period that you have signed up for.
Remember the period abroad:
- may not last more than 12 months (must necessarily end by 30 September of the reference year)
- there must be no interruption between the period of study already authorised and its extension
- you will have to take further exams to justify the extension request
Before you come back
You are about to come back
Before returning to Italy, remember to:
- have your Certificate of Attendance from the foreign university to UniGe International Mobility Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) or, when you are back, bring the master copy to the UniGe International Mobility Service in Piazza della Nunziata 6 - 2 floor
- have the Transcript of Records (ToR) with the list of exams passed and their ratings released and take it with you. If it is not ready yet, make an agreement with the foreign university so that it can be sent to you by email in pdf format or in any other way.
Note on the ToR
All grades reported on the Transcript of Records, corresponding to teachings listed in the Learning Agreement, must be recognized.
You may choose to decline a grade, if allowed by the foreign university, only before it is transcribed on the Transcript of Records.
Once you are back
Il CCS ha la facoltà di riconoscere come altre attività o attività extra-curricolari:
- esami riportati sul Transcript of Records ma non inseriti nel Learning Agreement
- attestati di lingua
The programme council may also acknowledge, as ‘other activities’ or 'extra-curriculari activities':
- grades that correspond to teaching units that listed on the Transcript of Records but not included in the Learning Agreement
- any Language certificate
Conversion of the activities
On your return hand over to the International Relations Office of the School:
- the Transcript of Records (make sure to send a copy to the head of programme)
The head of programme will ask the programme council to approve:
- the conversion of your activities done abroad
- the amount of CFUs/ECTS credits
- grade conversion
Your grades will be converted according to the Grade Conversion Table
Registrazione dei voti
All grades converted by the programme council will be transcribed on your record by the student office/School student office
Annalisa Barla - email@example.com
Viale Benedetto XV 3
+39 010 353 8386