What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final project for the MSc in Computer Science consists in a 30CFU work on a subject agreed with one of the faculty who will act as supervisor and should be relevant to the chosen plan of study. Part or all of the thesis work can be performed within a company, an external research institute or another university. In these cases an external advisor, who co-supervises the effort, is also identified.
There are no prior restrictions on the type of work. The work can be an original piece of research, or consists of a project development, or a review of the existing literature on a certain subject. Both the thesis and its defence should be in English.
Discussion and proclamation
The discussion is an examination with questions and evaluation by the committee and takes place in the period between the submission of the final project and the proclamation, on a date to be determined according to the commitees's commitments and the number of candidates.
The official dates correspond to the proclamation, i.e. the official conclusion of the course of study, which will be on a different day from the discussion with the awarding of the degree and the communication of the grade achieved.
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
All details on:
- available projects
- templates and guidelines
- ongoing and past theses
are available on the dedicated AulaWeb course.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
In the final exam, or thesis defence, a committee will evaluate the thesis and attribute a score (up to 10 pts) according to quality of the work (up to 6 points), writing style (up to 2pts), and presentation (up to 2pts).
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at Via Balbi 5 (ground floor, Monday to Saturday included - opening hours 8-19).
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.
N.B. If you obtained your degree before January 1, 2006 and have not yet picked it up, please contact the Student Offices.
If you have achieved the final grade of 110/110 or 110/110 with lode you will be given the parchment during two official ceremonies in the presence of your family, the media, the Rector and the entire academic community:
- the University - UniverCity festival (for graduates from 1/9 to 31/12 of the previous year)
- the inauguration of the new academic year (for graduates from 1/1 to 31/8 of the current year)
N.B. If you won't be able to be present at these occasions you can withdraw your diploma as specified above.