Tuition Fees and Taxes
Important deadlines for a.y. 2020/21
- First installment: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Second installment: Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- Third installment: Thursday, May 13, 2021
- online application for self-certification of ISEE-U data: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Please also refer to our International Student Office (SASS) for detailed and up-to-date information on fees, taxes, and scholarships.
How they work
The tution and fees are the sum of the stamp duty, the regional tax and the tution fees.
You have to pay the fees in three installments based on the ISEE-U value and the chosen course of study:
- 1st installment: corresponds to the sum of the stamp duty and the regional tax for the right to study
- 2nd installment: corresponds to the half of all tuition fees
- 3rd installment: corresponds to the balance of tuition fees
Student tuition fees are calculated according to:
The ISEE-U (Indicator Economic Situation Equivalent for Benefits for the Right to University Studies) measures the economic situation of your household. Thanks to this calculation, UniGe applies fee reductions and provides scholarships and other economic benefits.
If you are candidate and plan to achieve the degree by March 31, 2021, we recommend you to sign the DSU within the ordinary deadline (October 31, 2020): in case you do not achieve the degree or continue your studies, after completing the enrollment to the year a.y. 2020/21, you will have the opportunity to self-certify the ISEE-U data by April 20, 2021 without having to pay a penalty.
If you are an international student, please read carefully the ISEE-U parificato page for foreign students, to verify the type of income statement to be produced (ISEE-University or ISEE-Parificato).
ISEE-U allows you to have:
- a reduction in the university contribution
- a reduction in the regional tax
- an ALISEO scholarship
- other economic benefits:
- integration of the scholarship for international mobility
- scholarships and study or degree awards from public and private bodies
To benefit from these facilities you must:
- submit the ISEE-U certificate: you can ask for this certification to the CAF or INPS by filling in and signing the complete Single Integral Substitute Declaration (DSU) by October 31, 2020
- Fill in the self-certify online by April 20, 2021
The ISEE-U is not compulsory, but if you do not submit it you will have to pay the maximum amount of the university contribution and the regional tax.
To learn more, please read the dedicated page.
Please, read the dedicated page to know which contributory group you belong to.
In order to calculate the tuition fees, the degree courses have been divided into two different classes:
- Class 1 – Degree courses belonging to the Humanistic and Social Sciences area
- Class 2 - Degree courses belonging to the Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and to the Polytechnic area
The degree courses are divided into different areas according to the class to which they belong (Class 1 or 2). Please read i raggruppamenti dei corsi di studio per classi e aree disciplinari to find out the correspondence between the class that identifies your degree course and the area it belongs to.
You can choose:
provides a plan of study with teachings in excess of 30 CFU per year
you can benefit partial or total exemptions from tuition fees as well as from merit-based fees reductions. To learn more, please read the dedicated page
1st contributory class 2nd contributory class Contributing groups Contributing groups Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 from 0€ to 13.000€ 0€ 200€ 450€ 0€ 200€ 450€ from 13.000€ to 24.000€ 0€ from 200€ to 940€ from 450€ to 940€ 0€ from 200€ to 1.020€ ftom 450€ to 1.020€ from 24.000€ to 30.000 from 0€ to 940€ from 200€ to 940€ from 450€ to 940€ from 0€ to 1.020€ from 200€ to 1.020€ from 450€ to 1.020€ from 30.000€ to 65.000€ from 940€ to 2.400€ from 1.020€ to 2.650€ from 65.000€ to 100.000€ from 2.400€ to 2.750€ from 2.650€ to 3.000€ Over 100.000€ or in the absence of ISEE-U 2.750€ 3.000€
Tuition fees calculator
If you want to simulate your tution fees, please check the tution fees calculator on UniGe online services.
For further information
The services are provided in remote mode.
You can contact the offices at the addresses indicated on the Coronavirus page - contacts Student Desk and other offices.
For further information, please contact: