Engineering technology for strategy and security - Strategos
Master course (2 years)

Outgoing Erasmus+ study

Foreign language courses for outgoing students

Essential information

What is it

Erasmus+ for study is a programme that offers the possibility of studying abroad in a member EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Turkey, and provides a grant to eligible students to help make the most of the experience.


You are eligible to apply if:

  • you are regularly enrolled at the UniversitĂ  di Genova
  • you have never been awarded an Erasmus+ grant during your course or you have used up to a maximum of 9 months of any Erasmus+ grant
  • you are not benefitting from any other EU contribution under any other mobility scheme (e.g. Joint Master degree)

How long can you stay?

Your stay may last between 3 and 12 months.

Get in contact with your Internationalisation Tutor to set the exact dates of your stay and the classes you will take. Make sure to check the teaching periods and all the available courses.

Partner institutions

Check the manifesto Erasmus: you may find the list of partner institutions.

How to apply

1. Read the call and verify the admission criteria

Carefully read:

2. Application

Apply for the selection procedure via servizionline.

3. Interview

You will have to attend a mandatory interview. You will be selected according to:

  • your curriculum
  • your language skills
  • your learning motivations and which classes you plan to attend when abroad
  • your personal motivations (e.g. your academic interests)

4. Check the rankings

Check if your ranking has been published.

5. Accept the scholarship

If you have been selected accept the scholarship.

6. Sign the agreement

Make sure to sign all the documents at the Settore MobilitĂ  Internazionale offices at least one month before leaving.

Signing the documents is mandatory. The scolarship will be activated only after your signature.

Read carefully the instructions for signing the Erasmus+ agreement.

Before you leave

Before you leave, check that you have completed the following steps

  1. Check the deadlines and methods for enrolling in the foreign university
  2. Copy your identity card or passport (renew if it is about to expire)
  3. Check that you have your Health Insurance Card with you and make sure that you have health coverage at your ASL
  4. Subscribe to the language course at CLAT, if assigned
  5. Fill in the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement (please, read the Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies), sign it and have it signed by the UniGe teacher in charge of your Erasmus+ scholarship
  6. Scan it and send it by email to the contact person of the foreign university and let him countersign
  7. Have it returned by email and send it to the help desk.

Sign the Richiesta di riconoscimento esami in MobilitĂ  estera (Request for recognition of exams in foreign mobility), where the exams (also choice type) that you intend to take at the host university and the corresponding exam or training activity of your study plan are listed. The paper recognition request must be given to the International Relations Office of the School before the departure, in concomitance with the filling out of the Learning Agreement.

Renounce of the Erasmus+ mobility period and scholarship

You can renounce your mobility period and your scholarship by using the renouncement form.

Please return the original form and a photocopy of your ID to the Settore MobilitĂ  Internazionale, or send it by mail or fax, within:

  • July 31, 2019 if your departure is scheduled in the first semester (before December 31, 2019)
  • November 30, 2019 if your departure is scheduled for the second semester (from January 1, 2020)

During the Erasmus+

On your arrival

To modify the Learning Agreement

If you want to change, add or delete a teaching unit that you indicated earlier, you can do so.

Fill in the part of the Learning Agreement called During the mobility:

  • list which exams you want to delete and which to add in table A2
  • the correspondence of the added/changed teaching units must be specified in table B2. Ask for permission from UniGe teachers who teach that subject

When the form is complete with all the signatures, you can have it sent from the foreign university to the School Erasmus Office.

To extend your study abroad

If you wish to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration provided for in the agreement, you must send to the International Mobility Service the authorisation request with a declaration of the foreign university's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration and the Richiesta di riconoscimento esami in MobilitĂ  estera.

You must submit your documentation at least 30 days before the end of the Erasmus period that you have signed up for.

Remember the period abroad:

  • may not last more than 12 months (must necessarily end by 30 September of the reference year)
  • there must be no interruption between the period of study already authorised and its extension
  • you will have to take further exams to justify the extension request

Before you come back

Before returning to Italy, remember to:

  • have your Certificate of Attendance from the foreign university to UniGe International Mobility Service ( or, when you are back, bring the master copy to the UniGe International Mobility Service in Piazza della Nunziata 6 - 2nd floor
  • have the Transcript of Records (ToR) with the list of exams passed and their ratings released and take it with you. If it is not ready yet, make an agreement with the foreign university so that it can be sent to you by email in pdf format or in any other way.

Note on the ToR

Once you are back

Conversion of the activities 

On your return hand over to the International Relations Office of the School:

  • the Transcript of Records (make sure to send a copy to the head of programme)

The head of programme will ask the programme council to approve:

  • the conversion of your activities done abroad
  • the amount of CFUs/ECTS credits
  • grade conversion

Grade conversion

  1. if the foreign university is a member of the EGRACONS (European Grade Conversion System) project, the grade conversion will be carried out according to the procedures of the ECTS European Guide
  2. if the foreign university does is not a member of the EGRACONS (European Grade Conversion System) project, but provides the necessary data, the programme council will follow the ECTS European Guide
  3. otherwise your grades will be converted according to the Grade Conversion Table

Registrazione dei voti

All grades converted by the programme council will be transcribed on your record by the student office/School student office