CINDA - Study in Central e South America
How to do it
What is it?
Thanks to the CINDA exchange program you have the opportunity to study at the best national universities in Central and South America, in addiction UniGe will fund your stay abroad with a scholarship. You can participate at one of two academic year semesters.
You can participate if you:
- are regularly enrolled at UniGe
- aren't enrolled one more year over the normal duration of the course
- have the B1 certificate of Spanish or Portuguese language
- don't have residency in the destination country
Are you an extra EU student?
If you are a Non-EU citizen you must have a valid Italian residence permit according to the current Immigration Law (as per legislative decree n. 286/98 and subsequent amendments).
You can do a minimum of 2 months to do thesis research, and 3 months for study activities, up to a maximum of 6 months.
You can choose between these destinations:
- Costa Rica
- República Dominicana
If you want to apply, you must present documents to the Settore Accoglienza Studenti Stranieri in Piazza della Nunziata 6, or send it by e-mail, by noon on 31 October 2019.
N.B. You can only apply for one location.
Calls and documents
- Attachment 1
- Attachment 2 - Application
- Attachment 3 - Study program (spanish)
- Attachment 4 - Participation form (spanish)
How to enroll
For apply you have to attach:
- a copy of the required language certificate
- the study program
- the application for participation (attachment 4)
- self-certification of the examinations passed with the relative votes and media
- a passport photo
- a photocopy of your passport or another identity document. If you are a non-EU student, you must also provide an Italian residence permit.
- any documentation required by the university where you will be going
- your CV and any other qualifications deemed appropriate
In addition, 45 days before the scheduled date of departure, you must sign the mobility contract, which specifies the terms of your stay abroad and the manner in which you will receive your scholarship.
By signing this document, you undertake to respect the study program, the activities planned and the conditions for obtaining the university credits (CFU) and for the scholarship.
The scholarship is calculated on the basis of the ISEE-U that you have submitted for university enrolment and therefore present in the documents of your career. To obtain the grant you must self-certify the data of the ISEE-U certificate of the academic year 2019/2020.
If you are a foreign student, you must refer to the ISEE-U equivalent.
If you have an ISEE-U:
- up to 13.000€, you are entitled to a scholarship of 900€
- between 13.001€ and 30.000€, you are entitled to a scholarship of 750€
- above 30.000€ or in the absence of ISEE-U, you are entitled to a scholarship of 650€
N.B. Reimbursement for travel expenses will be granted only if the documentation proving the expense incurred up to a maximum of 820€ for the following universities: Instituto Tecnologico de Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Mestra, Universidad Metropolitana Puerto La Cruz (Venezuela). Instead, for all other destinations, the refund will be 1150€.
To learn more
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 am to noon
Tuesday from 9 to 11 am and from 2.30 to 4 pm