What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final test consists of a discussion of a written dissertation (thesis),to the nominated Degree Commission, worked out individually with the support of one or more supervisors: among the supervisors, there should be at least one teacher of the Polytechnic School and/or of the DIBRIS.
The thesis may consist of a research (theoretical or experimental) consistent with the subjects of the Master's degree.
The thesis should reveal your ability in relation to research and/or applicative issues.
The thesis should also reveal:
- adequate preparation in the disciplines characterizing the Master's degree
- correct use of sources and bibliography
- knowledge of a language of the European Union, with particular reference to technical-scientific terminology
- systematic and argumentative skills
- clarity in exposure
- design skills and experimental capacity
- critical capacity
You have to write your thesis in english.
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
The evaluation of the final test by the commission will be by attributing an increase, variable from 0 to a maximum established by the Polytechnic School together with the Departments and reported in the University prospectus, to the weighted average of the grades reported in the verification tests relative to the educational activities that call for a final grade, assuming as weight the number of credits associated with the single activity.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at Via Balbi 5 (ground floor, Monday to Saturday included - opening hours 8-19).
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.
N.B. If you obtained your degree before January 1, 2006 and have not yet picked it up, please contact the Student Offices.
If you have achieved the final grade of 110/110 or 110/110 with lode you will be given the parchment during two official ceremonies in the presence of your family, the media, the Rector and the entire academic community:
- the University - UniverCity festival (for graduates from 1/9 to 31/12 of the previous year)
- the inauguration of the new academic year (for graduates from 1/1 to 31/8 of the current year)
N.B. If you won't be able to be present at these occasions you can withdraw your diploma as specified above.