What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final examination consists of the discussion of an experimental thesis, written in English, about your research work carried out in the teachers' laboratories and/or in companies in the sector.
You will have to submit your thesis application at the beginning of 2° year, indicating:
- the research structure where you want to carry out the thesis
- your supervisor
About a month before your thesis discussion you will be assigned a co-supervisor.
Furthermore, your thesis must be consigned to the Examination Committee at least 20 days before the official session.
The thesis dissertation and the final examination will take place in two separate moments:
- 10 days before the official session it will be fixed an examination session in which you will have to present your work to a committee
- On the day of the official session, you will have to publicly discuss your work. After the presentation, the vote will be announced, in one hundred tenths, and the proclamation will be made.
Download the calendar to find out:
- the dates to fill in the application form
- available degree sessions
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
- you can modify your application for the graduation exam until your final confirmation
- the confirmed application cannot be modified
- the title of the thesis on the application at the time of confirmation must be the final one. Before the final confirmation, we invite you to print a draft of the application and let your supervisor see it
- at the time of confirmation, your speaker and the Sportello Unico of Scuola di Scienze Mediche e Farmaceutiche will be notified that the filling in has been completed
- the confirmed degree application must be approved by your speaker within the expiration date of the session you have chosen. If your speaker does not have the UniGePass password, he can request it by following the instructions on the dedicated page
N.B. You must submit your application to the Sportello Unico of Scuola di Scienze Mediche e Farmaceutiche within the registration deadline for your session only if it has not been approved online by your speaker.
Are you having trouble filling in your degree application or getting it approved?
Write an email to the Sportello Unico of Scuola di Scienze Mediche e Farmaceutiche before the deadline of the compiling period and ask your supervisor to send an email of authorization to manage the application. Once received, the Sportello Unico of Scuola di Scienze Mediche e Farmaceutiche will take care of the final approval of the application and the system will send an automatic confirmation email to you and the supervisor and/or coordinator of your Course.
Change graduation session
You submitted your application but no longer intend to attend the session you enrolled for?
For all information, please write an email to the Sportello Unico of Scuola di Scienze Mediche e Farmaceutiche.
Upload your thesis online
After, you have to upload the pdf file of your thesis and the Italian and English versions of the abstract on the Students Web portal. Subsequently, your thesis professor will have to approve the online documentation in the same way he or she approved the application.
If you need help, please write an email to the assistance service.
Copies of the thesis
You have to print two copies of your thesis. One remains to you and the other one you have to give to your supervisor a few days before the graduation session.
The cover must be red and you have no constraints of structure or character.
N.B. For remote sessions you do not need to give it to your supervisor.
The vote on the final test, expressed in one hundred and tenths, is the sum:
- of the vote attributed by the committee to the experimental thesis (in thirtieths)
- the weighted average of the votes obtained for the subjects included in your study plan (expressed in 90ths)
- your curriculum
You can also be given:
- 1 point if you have completed your current studies (2 academic years)
- 1 point if you have completed a period of training abroad during your studies (minimum 3 months)
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Praise may be given with the unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/110.
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at Via Balbi 5 (ground floor, Monday to Saturday included - opening hours 8-19).
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.
N.B. If you obtained your degree before January 1, 2006 and have not yet picked it up, please contact the Student Offices.
If you have achieved the final grade of 110/110 or 110/110 with lode you will be given the parchment during two official ceremonies in the presence of your family, the media, the Rector and the entire academic community:
- the University - UniverCity festival (for graduates from 1/9 to 31/12 of the previous year)
- the inauguration of the new academic year (for graduates from 1/1 to 31/8 of the current year)
N.B. If you won't be able to be present at these occasions you can withdraw your diploma as specified above.