Outgoing Erasmus+ study
Following the Government measures taken to handle the Covid-19 emergency, the Erasmus Office will be closed until new governmental arrangements will be made.
If you have doubts or need further information, you can contact:
- the staff of the Foreign Students Sector at firstname.lastname@example.org
- the staff of the International Activities for Didactics Sector at email@example.com
- the staff of the International Mobility Sector at firstname.lastname@example.org
- for inquires on Visiting Professors at email@example.com
What is it
Erasmus+ for study is a program that offers the possibility of studying abroad in one of the participating states in the mobility program and provides a grant to eligible students to help them make the most of the experience.
You are eligible to apply if:
- you are regularly enrolled in UniGe
- you are enrolled for single courses leading to admission to master’s degree courses (known as a carriera ponte)
- you fulfil the admission prerequisites for each exchange as established by the foreign Institution and by the individual departments of UniGe at the time the application is submitted
How long can you stay?
Your Erasmus may last from 3 to 12 months.
Get in contact with your Internationalisation Tutor to set the exact dates of your stay and the classes you will take. Make sure to check the teaching periods and all the available courses.
Have you had previous Erasmus mobility experiences?
As a UniGe student, you have the opportunity to undertake one or more Erasmus+ mobility.
The total period reserved for mobility is different according to the study cycle you are enrolled in:
- I cycle - Bachelor's degree: 12 months maximum (360 days)
- II cycle - Master's degree, 1st level Master: 12 months maximum (360 days)
- Master's degree (5/6 years): 24 months maximum (720 days)
- III cycle - Ph.D., specialization course, 2nd level master: 12 months maximum (360 days)
Before applying, you have to check that the residual amount of time remaining for another Erasmus+ mobility is at least 90 days.
For example, if you have already undertaken, in the same study cycle (Bachelor's degree), an Erasmus mobility of 5 months for study purposes and of 4 months for traineeship purposes (for a total of 9 months), you are allowed to apply and spend a maximum period of 3 months abroad, independently of the duration of the scholarship in the call.
Check the Erasmus manifesto in the Important documents section of this page to find the list of partner institutions.
The assignment of the destination is the exclusive competence of the Selection Committees. The preferences expressed by you are purely indicative.
The Selection Committee may assign you to a different location from the ones indicated in your application if:
- considered more appropriate
- the positions available are already assigned to candidates ahead of you in the ranking
- the period linked to the locations you have chosen is not compatible with the months you may have already spent in previous Erasmus mobility experiences
How to apply
1. Read the call and the Erasmus Manifesto
In the Important documents section of this page, please read carefully:
- the call, to find out how to enroll and participate
- the Erasmus Manifesto, to check the prerequisites of your Department group, and the prerequisites of the foreign university where you'd like to go
Apply for the selection procedure via servizi online.
You will have to attend a mandatory interview.
You will be excluded from the interview if you meet the minimum requirements set by your Department Area and, eventually, by the Foreign Institution.
You will be selected according to:
- your academic curriculum
- your language skills
- your learning motivations and which classes you plan to attend when abroad
- your personal motivations (e.g. your academic interests)
The information about the selection process, the date and place of the mandatory interview etc., will be published exclusively online on the Department website of your Course.
4. Check the rankings
Check if your ranking has been published.
5. Accept the scholarship
If you have been selected accept the scholarship and the foreign language course.
6. Sign the agreement
Signing the documents is mandatory. The scholarship will be activated only after your signature.
Read carefully the instructions, on the UniGe OnlineService webpage, for signing the Erasmus+ agreement.
Before you leave
Before you leave, please remember to:
- check the deadlines and ways to enroll in a foreign university
- copy your identity card or passport validity (renew if it's about to expire)
- check the "Entering and staying in the foreign country" section of the call
- check that you have your Health Insurance Card with you and make sure that you have health coverage at your ASL
- enroll in the language courses at Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT), if assigned
- fill in the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement, which you can find in the Important documents section of this page (please, read the guidelines). Sign it and have it signed by the President of the CCS or the Department Delegate. Scan the document and send it by email to the contact person of the foreign university. Ask to sign it and send it back. Once you've got it, please send it by email to School Desk
N.B. For more information, please read the Erasmus+ for study student kit and the International mobility manual for students in the Important documents section of this page.
Sign the Richiesta di riconoscimento esami in Mobilità estera (Request for recognition of exams in foreign mobility), in the Important documents section, where the exams (also choice type) that you intend to take at the host university and the corresponding exam or training activity of your plan of study should be listed. The paper recognition request must be given to the International Relations Office of the School before the departure, in concomitance with the filling out of the Learning Agreement.
Renounce of the Erasmus+ mobility period and scholarship
You can renounce your mobility period and your scholarship by using the renouncement form (Annex C in the Important documents section of this page).
During the Erasmus+
On your arrival
- enroll in the foreign university
- within 5 days of arrival, have the certificate of arrival (Annex A in the Important documents section of this page) filled, stamped and signed sent by the foreign university. Send it to Settore Mobilità Internazionale.
To modify the Learning Agreement
If you want to change, add or delete a teaching unit that you indicated earlier, you can do so.
Fill in the part of the Learning Agreement called During the mobility:
- list which exams you want to delete and which to add in table A2
- the correspondence of the added/changed teaching units must be specified in table B2
When the form is complete with all the signatures, send it by email to the School Desk with a copy to the Internationalization Office.
To extend your study abroad
If you wish to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration provided for in the agreement, you must send by email to the International Mobility Service the request for period extension (annex B in the Important documents section of this page) with a declaration of the foreign university's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration and the Richiesta di riconoscimento esami in Mobilità estera - Request for the approval of exams in Foreign Mobility (in the Important documents section of this page) of the professor in charge at Università di Genova.
You must submit your documentation at least 30 days before the end of the Erasmus period that you have signed up for.
Remember the period abroad:
- may not last more than 12 months (must necessarily end by 30 September of the reference year)
- there must be no interruption between the period of study already authorized and its extension
- you will have to take further exams to justify the extension request
Before you come back
Before returning to Italy, remember to:
- have your Certificate of Attendance (in the Important documents section of this page) from the foreign university and send it to UniGe International Mobility Service or, when you are back, bring the master copy to the UniGe International Mobility Service in Piazza della Nunziata 6 - 2nd floor
- have the Transcript of Records (ToR) with the list of exams passed and their ratings released and take it with you. If it is not ready yet, make an agreement with the foreign university so that it can be sent to you by email in pdf format or in any other way
Note on the ToR
All grades reported on the Transcript of Records, corresponding to teachings listed in the Learning Agreement, must be recognized.
You may choose to decline a grade, if allowed by the foreign university, only before it is transcribed on the Transcript of Records.
Once you are back
- if the foreign university participates in the EGRACONS (European Grade Conversion System) project, the conversion will be conducted according to the procedures of the European ECTS guide
- if the foreign university is not a member of the EGRACONS project but provides the necessary data, the council will adopt the European ECTS guide
- otherwise, the council will convert the grades following the Grade Conversion List
The program council may also acknowledge, as other activities or extra-curricular activities:
- exams reported on the Transcript of Records but not included in the Learning Agreement
- any language certificate
All grades converted by the program council will be transcribed on your record by the student office/school student office.
Verify your language skills
If you need a certificate of your level of knowledge of the foreign language(s), you can contact the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche - ex CLAT (Language Skills Development Sector).
You can take the English test and 2 other languages, depending on the location of your interest (you can choose between French, German, Spanish and Portuguese) and booking the tests, according to the deadlines indicated on the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche website, on the Aulaweb platform.
Moreover, the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT) will provide to examine the language certifications by certifying authorities. To obtain the accreditation of certifications, please upload your files in AulaWeb according to the deadlines indicated on the website of the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT).
The test’s results are preferential elements of evaluation to allocate nominees in the ranking. The Selection Committee may apply a reduction in the score if you:
- haven’t taken the tests provided by the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT)
- haven’t received a declaration in lieu about your foreign language level by the Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT)
- haven’t attached any certification to your application
N.B. For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign language courses for outgoing students
Visit Settore Sviluppo Competenze Linguistiche (ex CLAT) website to enroll in foreign language course.
You can only apply if you have accepted the Erasmus+ grant and the selection committee has expressly indicated you as the beneficiary of a foreign language course.
Please remember that you will be excluded if you have to enroll in courses without having accepted the scholarship.
Below you will find all the necessary documentation to participate in the Erasmus+ study mobility program.
If you have been selected in the a.y. 2019/2020, please read carefully the National Agency's instructions regarding the cause of "force majeure" in the case of interrupted, suspended, or canceled mobility.
Following UniGe's request, an extension was also accorded for the mobility for the 2019/2020 academic year. You can also continue the mobility after 30 September 2020 and complete your Erasmus+ experience by 30 September 2021.
- annex A - Certificate of arrival
- annex B - Request for period extension
- annex C - Renounce the Erasmus mobility period and related contributions
- instructions for signing the Erasmus+ agreement
- Learning Agreement
- Erasmus+ for study student kit
- international mobility manual for students
- Certificate of attendance
International Mobility Service
Piazza della Nunziata 6 - second floor
Ph. +39 010 2099545 - Fax +39 010 2095012