The contents of this page are under review, check it often.
Tuition reductions for family members
If you join UniGe with other members of your family, you will be entitled to the exemption of 30% on the 3rd installment.
You will have to send by mail the documentation certifying the presence of two or more students belonging to the same family members registered at the same time in UniGe:
- the income tax return mod. 730/2018 - page certifying the composition of the family unit
- a copy of a valid identity document
The reduction can be combined with any merit-based incentives and is assigned automatically.
N.B. The following are considered as a family unit: spouses, parents, children, and persons united by a civil union or cohabitation ex l. 76/2016.
Please remember that you must send all documentation by Monday, April 20, 2020.
If you meet the requirements starting from a.y. 2019/20, you will have to fill in the online self-certification form individually by Monday 20 April 2020.
If you are an international student you are entitled to:
- total exemption from the 2nd and 3rd installments of the student contribution if:
- you have been granted refugee status in accordance with the Geneva Convention of 28 July 1951
- you have a scholarship from the Italian Government in the context of development cooperation program and intergovernmental cultural and scientific agreements
- exemption from the 3rd installment of the student contribution if you come from developing countries and if you reside in Italy with a regular residence permit for study purposes
You do not have to submit any request to obtain these reductions because it will be applied automatically by the office.
Exemptions for supplementary years students
If you're supplementary years student:
- of the previous order
- of the new system, in debt to 31 March 2020 of the single final test or degree
you have a 50% reduction on the 3rd installment.
You do not have to submit any request to obtain this reduction: it will be applied automatically by the office.
Exemptions for students with disabilities or with DSA
If you have a disability or DSA you can have:
- a total exemption from the 2nd and 3rd installment if you have a disability with recognition of disability under art. 3, paragraph 1, Law 104/1992, or with a disability equal to or greater than 66%
- a total exemption from the payment of the 3rd installment if you have a disability between 50% and 65%
- a reduction in the regional tax and/or university contribution with ISEE-U self-certification
To obtain the exemption for the current year you must send the documentation certifying your disability by mail to the relevant office within the deadline for enrollment in the chosen course (payment 1st installment) or within the payment of the 3rd installment. Otherwise, the exemption will be applied the following academic year.
N.B. UniGe will automatically apply the benefit for the following academic years unless the recognition has an expiration.
Settore contribuzione studentesca e benefici (Office dealing with income data, tuition fees and contributions, and university benefits)
Piazza della Nunziata, 6
(+39) 010 2095947
Fax (+39) 010 2095948
Public opening hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to noon
- Tuesday from 9 am to 11 am and from 2.30 pm to 4 pm