What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final exam consists of a public dissertation of a written thesis, illustrating a relevant design or reaserch activity, preferably including experimental laboratory work.
During the presentation and discussion you should show good knowledge of the:
- suitable oral communication capabilty
If you're a graduate, you have to:
- Choose your graduation session
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill in the online degree application
- Fill in the online AlmaLaurea questionnaire
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire of your course of study.
Before to fill in the degree application:
- Check that you are in order with the payment of taxes
- Pay the stamp duty of € 16 for the issuance of the degree (payable through the online services - payment of taxes and contributions)
- Verify that you have all exams and other activities
- Check that they're all marked on your online career.
Failure to register exams and other training activities does not prevent documents from being completed and confirmed online.
To graduate, you'll need to check that everything is recorded online.
Promemoria per i laureandi
Choose your graduation day to discover all the deadlines:
The presentation and discussion are evaluated by a Graduation Committee.
After the presentation and discussion on the possible questions asked by Committee members has been considered satisfactory, the final project is evaluated, by attributing a mark between 0 and 6 points, following the regulation established by the Polytechnic School in agreement with the Departments.
The mark is added as an increment to the wighted average of the marks obtained in all the exams of those subjects, whose evaluation is expressed in terms of a final mark, the weights being consituted by the number of credits associated with the specific subject.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Pick up your degree certificate
To pick up your graduation certificate you have to go to the reception at Via Balbi 5 (ground floor, Monday to Saturday included - opening hours 8-19).
If you cannot show up in person, you can delegate a trusted person with a letter, attaching a photocopy of your identity document.
N.B. If you obtained your degree before January 1, 2006 and have not yet picked it up, please contact the Student Offices.
If you have achieved the final grade of 110/110 or 110/110 with lode you will be given the parchment during two official ceremonies in the presence of your family, the media, the Rector and the entire academic community:
- the University - UniverCity festival (for graduates from 1/9 to 31/12 of the previous year)
- the inauguration of the new academic year (for graduates from 1/1 to 31/8 of the current year)
N.B. If you won't be able to be present at these occasions you can withdraw your diploma as specified above.